Model Number: A8397
Anker 777 Thunderbolt Docking Station (Apex, 12-in-1, Thunderbolt 4)
Peak Performance, Total Connectivity
What’s in The Box:
Anker Apex 12-in-1 Thunderbolt 4 Docking Station (dock stand not included), 120W power adapter, 1.2m power cord, 0.7m Thunderbolt 4 cable, welcome guide
Dimensions and Weight
Height: 186.4 mm / 7.3 in
Width: 73.7 mm / 2.9 in
Depth: 33.3 mm / 1.3 in
Weight: 467 g / 16.5 oz
Dock stand sold separately.
Thunderbolt 4 makes getting more from your laptop a breeze. Transfer files, connect an external monitor, and power your laptop all from a single port. That leaves plenty of ports free to accomplish all of your other tasks. Thunderbolt 4 even features compliance with a range of specifications including previous versions of Thunderbolt, USB4, DisplayPort, and PCI Express (PCIe).
- Compatible with Windows 10 laptops equipped with a Thunderbolt 4 port (Intel Evo Platform), and Non-M1 MacBooks running macOS 11 (Big Sur) or later.
- Not compatible with Linux or Chrome OS laptops, Thunderbolt 3 Windows laptops, M1 MacBooks, or MacBooks running macOS 10.16 or earlier.
When connected to Thunderbolt 4 Windows systems:
- Single monitor: 8K (7680x4320@30Hz) via the Thunderbolt 4 downstream port; 4K (3840x2160@60Hz) via the HDMI port.
- Dual monitor: 4K (3840x2160@60Hz) via Thunderbolt 4 downstream port and HDMI port.
- Triple monitor: 4K (3840x2160@30Hz) via both HDMI ports, one 4K@60Hz via the Thunderbolt 4 downstream port.
When connected to Thunderbolt 3 Mac systems:
- Doesn't support M1 MacBooks.
- Single monitor: 5K (5120 × 2880@60Hz) via the Thunderbolt 4 downstream port; 4K (3840x2160@60Hz) via the HDMI port.
Dual monitor: 4K (3840x2160@60Hz) displays via the Thunderbolt 4 downstream port and HDMI port.
Triple monitor: 4K (3840x2160@60Hz) via both HDMI ports, 4K@60Hz display via the Thunderbolt 4 downstream port.
- For macOS, the content displayed via HDMI ports will be mirrored.
90W Max Charging:Use a Thunderbolt 4 cable to keep your laptop powered up while you’re working.
The USB-A data ports do not support charging.
Q1: Can this dock support fast charging for my devices?
A1: This dock supports up to 90W of charging via the Thunderbolt 4 upstream port on the front of the dock (indicated with a computer icon). The USB-C Power Delivery port (indicated by “PD”) supports up to 20W fast charging for your phone. The Thunderbolt 4 downstream port supports 15W charging for smaller devices.
The USB-C data ports on the back of the dock do not support charging.
Q2: What kind of cable should I use to connect the dock to my laptop?
A2: It’s recommended that you use the included Thunderbolt 4 cable. If you need to use a different cable (due to loss etc.), then another Thunderbolt 4 cable would also be compatible.
Q3: How to deal with screen drop, black screen, or screen flickering issues when connecting to an external monitor?
A3: After the dock has just been connected to the external monitor, it's normal for there to be some degree of flickering. It should go away in a few seconds. If this problem persists, try lowering the resolution.
If you experience any screen issues after waking up your laptop, restart the dock. If your laptop or the docking station has not been shut down for a long time and you’re experiencing screen issues, please restart the dock.
Q4: Sometimes the dock doesn’t automatically reconnect after I wake up or restart my laptop. What should I do?
A4: This situation doesn’t happen very often, but if you are having this problem, try disconnecting and reconnecting the Thunderbolt 4 cable.
Q5: Why does the dock feel warm?
A5: When charging or transferring data at high speed, the dock’s temperature may increase. Don't worry, this is within the normal limits of the dock’s operation. To avoid excessive heat, make sure not to place any objects on top of the dock or to cover the dock with anything.